I have been programming since I was 10 years old, and professionally
since receiving my Ph.D. in CS in 1995.
I am the lead software engineer for the back end of the Novetta Cyber Analytics product, Novetta's network capture and analysis platform.
- I was the Chief Engineer and then the Chief Architect on a large DoD project at Novetta
- I was the VP of Engineering at a small authentication startup.
- I ran the Federal Services division at Digital Reasoning, a data analytics company that focuses on extracting meaning from unstructured text.
- I was the public-sector engineering lead for Orbital Insight, a geospatial analytics software startup.
- I did data analytics (mostly natural language processing and text analysis) with The DarkStar Group, for a government client.
- I worked at Invincea Labs on cybersecurity R&D
- I have also done work in various areas of data science, analytics, visualization, and entity resolution at Novetta and Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Prior to all of that I had a 12-year career in software development for computer-aided design of integrated circuits.
See also my
Outside of work, I spend most of my time with my wife and three daughters.
I like to bicycle, hike, scuba dive, and ski, as well as many other things I'm
less good at. Occasionally I find time for my own programming projects, for
writing, and for making things.